- Common Name(s)
- Black kuhli loach, chocolate kuhli loach, cinnamon loach, java loach
- Scientific Name
- Pangio oblonga
- Has been found in Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, India, Borneo, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Myanmar.
- Maximum Size
- 3.1 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 15/20 gallon with minimum base dimensions of 24 x 12
- Tank Setup
- Should be kept on a sand substrate.
- Tank Region
- Will usually accept dried food, but prefers small frozen and live food.
- Unknown, it has been confirmed in aquaria only once, but no breeding behavior was observed. A bunch of babies were discovered, that is all we know.
- With other temp-compatible community fish
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 70-79 Fahrenheit
By Marrabbio2 - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=36514098
A schooling fish, so should be kept in groups of 6+ of its own species.
Females are more heavy-bodied and are larger than males. Males have a thickened pectoral fin ray.
This species is not a variant of the normal kuhli loach, as often thought. It needs its own groups.