- Common Name(s)
- Black-winged hatchetfish
- Scientific Name
- Carnegiella marthae
- Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil
- Maximum Size
- 1.5 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 15/20 gallon (24 x 12 in footprint)
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate. Needs a tight fitting lid as they will jump out of the tank if given the chance.
- Tank Region
- Insectivore. Will eat dried foods but try to feed live foods like mosquito larvae or bloodworms.
- With other small temp-compatible community fish
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: 4-7 (unless aquarium bred, then can be higher); Temperature: 75-82 Fahrenheit
By Tsunamicarlos - PD from en:Wikipedia, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=800135
By The original uploader was Dulcimerist at English Wikipedia - Transferred from en.wikipedia to Commons by Common Good using CommonsHelper., CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=16376757
A schooling fish, so should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own species.
Females get larger and more round-bodied than males.