- Common Name(s)
- Bloodfin tetra
- Scientific Name
- Aphyocharax anisitsi
- Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina
- Peaceful, but can be nippy if not kept in a proper school.
- Maximum Size
- 2 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 20 gallon long
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate and background.
- Tank Region
- Omnivore, unfussy about what it eats.
- Egg-scatterer. They don't take care of their young. They will eat their eggs if given the chance.
- With other temp-compatible community fish
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 65-75 Fahrenheit
By VGW2006 at en.wikipedia - Transferred from en.wikipedia, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=16059283
A schooling fish, so they should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own species.
Females are thicker than males.
They are very hardy and can live up to 10 years.