- Common Name(s)
- Canara pearlspot, banded chromide
- Scientific Name
- Etroplus canarensis
- South Karnataka, India
- Relatively peaceful
- Maximum Size
- 4.5 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 55 gallon tank
- Tank Setup
- Should be maintained in a tank resembling a flowing stream or river
- Tank Region
- Should be fed food high in Spirulina content. It will take dried foods, should also be supplemented with live foods.
- Biparental substrate spawner
- Don't keep with species that are too boisterous. It isn't predatory on any except the smallest species of fish.
- Ease of Keeping
- Can be difficult
- pH: 6.0-7.5; Temperature: 75-83 Fahrenheit
Unlike the other two chromide species, it is only freshwater, not found in brackish.
It's gregarious, so should be kept in groups of 6 or more.