- Common Name(s)
- Dash-dot tetra
- Scientific Name
- Hemigrammus bellottii
- Solimoes, Negro, and Maroni river basins in Brazil and French Guiana
- Maximum Size
- 1.6 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 15/20 gallon with minimum base dimensions of 24 x 12
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate and background.
- Tank Region
- Unfussy eater, will take most foods.
- Egg-scatterer, doesn't take care of its young.
- With other temp-compatible community fish
- Ease of Keeping
- Fairly easy
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 75-82 Fahrenheit
Von Haplochromis - Eigenes Werk, CC0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=18958291
A schooling fish, so should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own species.
Females are wider-bodied and larger than males.
They are uncommon in the fish hobby.