- Common Name(s)
- False rummy-nose tetra
- Scientific Name
- Petitella georgiae
- Amazon, Purus, Negro, and Madeira river basins.
- Maximum Size
- 2 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 15/20 gallon with minimum base dimensions of 24 x 12
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate and background.
- Tank Region
- Omnivore. Will take dry foods, but supplement with mosquito larvae and other live foods.
- Egg-sctatterer. Doesn't take care of its young.
- Keep with other small temp-compatible community fish.
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 74-79 Fahrenheit
Make sure to identify each species before getting a group of them. Don't mix and match, unless you have 6 of each type.
A schooling fish, so keep in groups of 6+ of their own species.
Females are rounder than males.