- Common Name(s)
- Green line lizard tetra, slender tetra, spindle tetra, iguana tetra
- Scientific Name
- Iguanodectes spilurus
- Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, and Guyana
- Maximum Size
- 4 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 40 gallon
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate and background.
- Tank Region
- Omnivore. Will take dry foods, but supplement with mosquito larvae and other live foods.
- Little info available. Unknown.
- With other temp-compatible community fish
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 73-81 Fahrenheit
By catxcatt -
A schooling fish, so should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own species.
Difficult to sex. Females may be fuller in the body than males.
They are sensitive to poor water conditions, always introduce to an established tank.