- Common Name(s)
- Red line lizard tetra
- Scientific Name
- Iguanodectes geisleri
- Madeira, Negro, and Orinoco river basins.
- Maximum Size
- 2.1 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 20 gallon long
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate and background.
- Tank Region
- Omnivore. Will take dry foods, but supplement with mosquito larvae and other live foods.
- With other temp-compatible community fish
- Ease of Keeping
- Can be difficult
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 75-82 Fahrenheit
By Cedricguppy - Loury Cédric - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=41248424
A schooling fish, so should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own species.
Mature males have red marks on their fins, and females do not.
It can be sensitive to poor water conditions, always introduce to an established tank.