- Common Name(s)
- Red line lizard tetra
- Scientific Name
- Iguanodectes adujai
- Negro and Orinoco river basins
- Maximum Size
- 2.45 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 30 gallon long (36 x 12)
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate and background.
- Tank Region
- Omnivore. Will take dry foods, but supplement with mosquito larvae and other live foods.
- With other temp-compatible community fish
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 73-80 Fahrenheit
By Martin Taylor
A schooling fish, so should be kept in groups of 6+ of their own species.
It is unknown how to sex them.
It is sensitive to poor water conditions, always introduce to an established tank.