- Common Name(s)
- Skunk loach, skunk botia, hora's loach
- Scientific Name
- Yasuhikotakia morleti
- Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and Cambodia
- Maximum Size
- 4 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 40 gallon
- Tank Setup
- They prefer sand, but smooth gravel is fine as well. Decorations don't really matter, though they do like caves and places to hide.
- Tank Region
- Unfussy eater, will take most foods. But it is good to supplement their diets with live foods.
- They will do well with other semi-aggressive loaches in their genus, and cichlids and fast-moving top-dwellers. I would not recommend them with shy fish.
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 74-83 Fahrenheit
By I, Lerdsuwa, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2322684
Females grow larger than males.
A shoaling fish, so keep in groups of 6+ of its own type.
They will chase around larger fish, but unless they are being kept improperly they should never hurt anyone seriously. Very outgoing and active fish.