- Common Name(s)
- Sparkling gourami, pygmy gourami
- Scientific Name
- Trichopsis pumila
- Thailand, Laos, Indonesia
- Maximum Size
- 1.5 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 10 gallons
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate and background. Should not be kept in fast moving water.
- Tank Region
- Omnivore. Will take dry foods, but supplement with mosquito larvae and other live foods.
- With other small peaceful fish.
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 76-83 Fahrenheit
By Zikamoi - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=3812933
A social gourami, so should be kept in groups of 5 or more. If you are keeping in a 10g, only do 5.
They can create audible noises using a special pectoral mechanism.
Can be hard to sex, but sexually mature males are more intensely colored than females and will have longer fins.