- Common Name(s)
- Yellow-finned tetra, yellowtail tetra, congo tetra
- Scientific Name
- Alestopetersius caudalis
- Congo river basin in Democratic Republic of the Congo and Central African Republic
- Maximum Size
- 2.3 inches
- Minimum Tank Size
- 20 gallon long
- Tank Setup
- Looks best in a planted tank with a dark substrate and background.
- Tank Region
- Looks best when fed live foods, but can be fed dry foods.
- Egg-scatterer, shows no parental care.
- With other temp-compatible community fish
- Ease of Keeping
- pH: Doesn't matter; Temperature: 71-78 Fahrenheit
By Zappster - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5706833
By Zaire at German Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=14887951
A schooling fish, so should be kept in groups of 6+ of its own species.
Males are larger and more colorful than females, and also have longer anal, ventral, and dorsal fins.