Angelfish

Thread starter #1
Ratings
Ive kept angels a few times over the years and really enjoyed them, here is couple i got a few years back from a breeder out of New York,

I would really like to find some of these, has anyone ever kept them ??

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Ive kept angels a few times over the years and really enjoyed them, here is couple i got a few years back from a breeder out of New York,

I would really like to find some of these, has anyone ever kept them ??

Those are basically glo-angelfish. I'm sure you have to travel to some store like petsmart to find them.

Ozzy47

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Ther are genetically modified by injecting the sexual organs of the fish. It is unnatural and IMO those fish should not be allowed into the US.

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Jelly fish or bacteria from fish slime is used to get the genetics. Most are banned in the UK but you do still get them now and then, i am NOT a fan of injected or modified fish. You cant beat a natural Altum for pure beauty.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Jelly fish or bacteria from fish slime is used to get the genetics. Most are banned in the UK but you do still get them now and then, i am NOT a fan of injected or modified fish. You cant beat a natural Altum for pure beauty.
I tend to gravitate towards German blues. They have a near natural striped pattern with beautiful color. I wish they were more common here though...

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
In the UK they are a nightmare, mostly very very poor imports that are disease ridden. Its a shame as the RAM is a spectacular fish, it isnt as hard as people think to keep. The main UK problem is very poor quality far east farmed fish, most die in <6 months and people think its because they are hard to keep, they are not a beginners fish but they are not as difficult as it looks.