Betta died

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
The betta that I recently got for my new 10 gallon tank died, I noticed that he was laying on his side last night, and he was dead today :(. I am not sure what caused him to die, but it seemed like he was acting fine the day before yesterday. I worry that he might have had fish tuberculosis, but that seems unlikely.

sidfish

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Condolences to you. Was he your first Betta? I've only ever had mine in smaller planted tanks 2 to 5 gallon with success. Water perimeters ok?

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
No, I've had a lot of bettas, I have another 10 gallon tank with another betta on the same stand as the 10 gallon that I recently set up, it's a double metal stand, and the other tank is on the top, while the 10 gallon tank that the betta that died was in was on the lower level of the stand. I am going to do an ammonia test, but I'm not sure how accurate the result will be, because the betta has been dead in the tank for a while, and that could have released ammonia.

sidfish

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
I have found a new LFS than has healthier better quality fish compared to some, and tanks that are well maintained. Daughter was telling me where she lives the store just lost a whole tank of rainbows to something. A sad loss, as well as cost at $15 per fish.