BobandGulp

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by BobandGulp, May 31, 2017.

1. BobandGulp

BobandGulp Celestial pearl danio New member

Hi everyone, just a hello from a newbe to this site.
    I live in Utah originally from the UK, have just finished putting together a small koi garden classic rock pond style. Approx 26 x 30 x 5 ft deep, with a twin 6 ft waterfall stretching back 10ft.
    I am using a 4in bottom drain, running into a vortex and bio-beed filter with a 2in feed to a 8k pump. Also a 10in skimmer feeding a 2in to the same pump. Bottom drain also supplies oxygen to the pond.
    From the pump I am feeding a twin 75wt 2in UV sterilizer which feeds directly into the upper part of my fountain filter, also a 20 gallon sand filter that feeds also into the fountain filter from the bottom passing through, alfa-rock and mesh.
    I am now in the process of looking into and purchasing fish. A little about my self.
    I am in my 50's and have kept fish since i was a child, I went to collage in the UK ( evenings) and studied Fish Management, Koi Husbandry and Fish and Water Health, although this was a long time ago I still remember some of it. I have built and maintained a lot of ponds in my time and have enjoyed every minute. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar German blue ram Fish guru

Welcome to Utah Fishkeepers !:)

3. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

Welcome to UFK!

4. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

Welcome! Post pictures of your koi pond, it is nice to have a fellow pond owner on here :). My pond is 1500 gallons, it is small compared to yours.

5. BobandGulp

BobandGulp Celestial pearl danio New member

Thanks Folks,
    I will get some images together. Watch this space.