BobandGulp

Thread starter #1

BobandGulp

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Hi everyone, just a hello from a newbe to this site.
I live in Utah originally from the UK, have just finished putting together a small koi garden classic rock pond style. Approx 26 x 30 x 5 ft deep, with a twin 6 ft waterfall stretching back 10ft.
I am using a 4in bottom drain, running into a vortex and bio-beed filter with a 2in feed to a 8k pump. Also a 10in skimmer feeding a 2in to the same pump. Bottom drain also supplies oxygen to the pond.
From the pump I am feeding a twin 75wt 2in UV sterilizer which feeds directly into the upper part of my fountain filter, also a 20 gallon sand filter that feeds also into the fountain filter from the bottom passing through, alfa-rock and mesh.
I am now in the process of looking into and purchasing fish. A little about my self.
I am in my 50's and have kept fish since i was a child, I went to collage in the UK ( evenings) and studied Fish Management, Koi Husbandry and Fish and Water Health, although this was a long time ago I still remember some of it. I have built and maintained a lot of ponds in my time and have enjoyed every minute. Thank you for taking the time to read this.