Bulgarian Green’s

Thread starter #1

Relliott

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Here’s a group of BG’s that I’m working with. They are slow to develop especially as an isolated group. One has paired off with a green Ghost but among themselves, no luck as of yet. Patience will be the key as I have high hopes for this line.. I’ll
393472F8-D2CA-46A8-AD2F-CAB1BE13811D.jpeg
keep everyone posted.

Thread starter #3

Relliott

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Bulgarian Green and Bulgarian Seal Points are same ?
I believe the seal points share the genetics of the BG’s. The Bulgarian Green gene, if it exists, is a recessive gene which means it does not express in single dose. The male being double dose bg and the female no bg means that all the offspring (the F1 generation) will all be single dose and do not express. If two of the offspring are mated together the result (The F2 generation) would be: 25% no bg, 50% single dose bg, 25% double dose bg. Weather or not those 25% double dose bg would express as Seal Points is anyone's guess because no one has gotten that far yet, that I know of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter #4

Relliott

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Here’s another take on the Sealpoint genetics. For the Bulgarian Seal Point phenotype, there must be at least one dark gene D and a double dose bg/bg. Various combinations of color locus are possible D/g , D/Gm, D/D, D/+

Last edited by a moderator: