Rift Lake Cichlids won't eat hikari cichlid gold

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reactions
I have 3 male electric blue haps in with a common pleco and a rhino pleco in my top 40 gallon breeder tank. I have some baby pellet floating cichlid gold and they never eat it. They just eat the sinking hikari lionhead. What should I do?

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reactions
Can electric blue haps get along with stingrays? I am thinking about getting a 300 gallon rubbermaid stock tank for stingrays. I know Joey used to keep discus with stingrays.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reactions
Can electric blue haps get along with stingrays? I am thinking about getting a 300 gallon rubbermaid stock tank for stingrays. I know Joey used to keep discus with stingrays.
I believe stingrays prefer a lower pH. Don't try it.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reactions
Both stingrays and discus are from the amazon. Electric blue haps aren't. How big of a tank do I need for the 3 haps? I read that they can get up to around 8 inches and that I need a 125 gallon for all 3. Is it true?

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reactions
Both stingrays and discus are from the amazon. Electric blue haps aren't. How big of a tank do I need for the 3 haps? I read that they can get up to around 8 inches and that I need a 125 gallon for all 3. Is it true?
Sure, depending on how territorial they get. I'd say a 4 x 2 x 2, 120g should do them well and you could even add some friends.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reactions
I was thinking a 7 foot 125. A few years ago there was a 125 aquarium that needed resealing for I think only $60 if I remember correctly. I wish I would have gotten it.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reactions
I was thinking a 7 foot 125. A few years ago there was a 125 aquarium that needed resealing for I think only $60 if I remember correctly. I wish I would have gotten it.
They make them in 6 foot tanks, not 7. Go with more width for those fish.

Pure4Kicks

Celestial pearl danio
Reactions
I would definitely go with sinking pellets so they don't get to much air while eating and most cichlids like the sinking more.

Fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reactions
A lot of times when fish are only fed one kind of food, they've become picky to only take that one kind. Don't feed them for a few days and they'll grow an appetite to accept just about anything.