DIY 90 gallon stand

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Here are a few shots of the 90 gallon stand we built. It was constructed from 2x3's & 1/2" birch plywood. Currently we are installing the background in the tank and hope to have it in place and filled this weekend. Will post pics as we make progress.

90Gal1.jpg
90Gal2.jpg
90gal3.jpg

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
That is cool. I am building a stand out of 2x4's for my 75 gallon. Just curious, why did you decide to use 2x3's instead of 2x4's?

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
mostly it was to reduce weight. At the end of the day, I could have built it out of 3/4" ply with no internal structure... but that just doesn't sit well with me ;)

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
mostly it was to reduce weight. At the end of the day, I could have built it out of 3/4" ply with no internal structure... but that just doesn't sit well with me ;)
That's what I ended up doing for my 16g. Easier to deal with, and cheaper, but it's also a lot less weight to deal with.

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Todays progress on the 90 gallon... Should have water in it tomorrow! :D
90Gal4.jpg

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Thanks! It will be running two Eheim Pro4+ 350's, a JBJ True Temp Titanium Heating System, and a Maxspect XF230 Gyre Flow Generator Pump w/ controller. Still trying to decide what kind of lights.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I really like the eheim's... so quiet and easy to maintain. Those SBR lights look pretty nice.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Yeah, I really like the eheim's... so quiet and easy to maintain. Those SBR lights look pretty nice.
Thinking about replacing my kessil with one myself. I can't get red plants to pop with the kessil. The tank looks somewhat dull.

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
So the tanks been up and running since Sunday and the rocks went in this evening. Picked up the glass for the top from the shop... Apparently this glass shop does not know how to cut glass to spec'd dimensions. Not one piece was correct, or square for that matter. They will all go back tomorrow.

90gal5.jpg

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
So the tanks been up and running since Sunday and the rocks went in this evening. Picked up the glass for the top from the shop... Apparently this glass shop does not know how to cut glass to spec'd dimensions. Not one piece was correct, or square for that matter. They will all go back tomorrow.

View attachment 763
Looks good.

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Put the door knobs on and the stand is complete... Just need fish ;)

90gal6.jpg

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple groups of tropheus variant. One group will be tropheus duboisi maswa, have not settled on the second group. Maybe tropheus bulu point kirschfleck.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I'm looking for a couple groups of tropheus variant. One group will be tropheus duboisi maswa, have not settled on the second group. Maybe tropheus bulu point kirschfleck.
While you're waiting to get them, you could put some polys in there :)

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
lol... right... unfortunately it is difficult to find fish were I live. Soon the gobies in the 30 will be moved over.