Downtime

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
There was some downtime, but everything is fixed now. A XenForo update was released today and I went to update, but I had trouble uploading the files to the server. While trying to fix the file upload issue, I ended up accidentally locking myself out of the server. It is now fixed. I was able to get the files uploaded, and I just completed the XenForo update. Sorry for any inconvenience that the downtime might have caused.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Those things are expected or should be if a forum is to remain up to date. Im sure the time was minimal.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Next time I will just upload the zip file to the server, extract it via the command line and then run the CLI updater.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Good plan, thats what i do with any up date or addition of any add-ons. I never use FTP.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I use FTP to upload the .zip file containing the XenForo files, but I extract it on the server.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I just use the upload function to upload the zip file then extract it in the cPanel, and move the files where ever they need to go via drag and drop. Works fine for me. :)

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Just different opinions or what you get used to. I hate those online file managers that some hosts have. Once you figure out cPanel, for me at least it is really quick.

The best is whatever the individual is most comfortable with, i think :)

** Read Your Mail LOL

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
to complicated for me :) that is for you Admin Guru's , the more simple it is the better i like it, as long as it works.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
yep, you are so right, but poor folks have poor ways, i cant afford dedicated or VPS. Must be nice to be independently wealthy like you :p