Ended up selling my endlers and espeis today

Discussion in 'Freshwater' started by Roxane1232, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Roxane1232

Roxane1232 Bolivian ram Well-known Member

So I ended up selling majority of my endlers (my nieces are going to end up taking the rest)and all of my espies today, so I could empty out some space in my tank, for some different schoolers. Some of my ideas are adding 4 cories, but possibly adding some julis to go with my panda cories, or adding more pandas, and a school of rummy nose, or cardinals, or cherry barbs, and a male honey gourami. I currently have left 4 panda corys, a female honey gourami, amano shrimp, and ghost shrimp. Would appreciate other suggestions, I don't want fin nippers or live bearers.

I have a 20 high gallon

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018
  2. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

I'd add more panda cories. They should be in a group larger than 4, 6 is minimum but 5 is fine. With schoolers, they should be in groups of 6+ of their own species.

For the school, I'd do cherry barbs.

3. Roxane1232

Will they be good with my honey gourami, I'm thinking of doing 6 of the cherry barbs, and 6 to 8 pandas, and possibly adding a few more otos since I currently only have one.

4. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

Yes they should be fine with the honey gourami.

5. Roxane1232

So I went to fish 4 u with the intention of getting some cherry barbs, but saw these guys and just fell in love with them. Who can guess what they are?

6. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

Ember tetras, it says in the title of your video LOL.

7. Roxane1232

Dang and hear I thought I was being sneaky.

8. SilverFlame819

SilverFlame819 German blue ram Fish guru

I ended up with an Ember on accident from F4U once. It got in the bag with my CPD's. I should have been grateful for the random free fish, but when I realized he was in the bag, I was already at home, and didn't want to put him in with bigger fish, so I had ONE little Tetra swimming with my CPD's for years. Kind of annoying when you have a nice, matching tank, but not annoying enough for me to bag him up and drive him back down there. *lol*

9. Roxane1232

I love my embers they are really fun to watch together, I would highly suggest getting more if you have room for them. I want to get 4 more so I have ten of them, but have to wait until my nieces come and get the rest of my endlers, and/or move them to my new tank.

10. SilverFlame819

I just think they're kind of... boring?? I guess I like flashier coloring? But I'm looking online, and the fish I'm seeing listed as "ember tetras" are not the same as what I had. Mine was a green something. Green eye? Green ember? Green..... something?? Hmmm. But while googling, trying to find the name of what I had, I found these fish listed as Tiger Danio, Micro Tiger Rasbora, Emerald Dwarf Rasbora... and isn't THAT just the cutest thing ever! Now I have another fish I want.... Sheesh. lol

11. Roxane1232

If you ask fish 4 u they will order certain fish for you sometimes? That's how I got my female honey gourami. I love the look of the emerald dwarf rasbora, almost got some a few times.

12. SilverFlame819

I was going to ask them about LF White Clouds. I love them, but since it's winter, overnight shipping on them costs 30 bucks. Youch! If they could get some in for me, maybe I could save on that shipping cost.

13. Roxane1232

They get new fish in usually Wednessday, or Thursday.

If you ask them about a certain fish and don't have it they will most likely order it. If they don't have some another great lfs is Pets and Such, they are the only other place I buy fish from.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2018