Favorite computer brand.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Im going to be buying a laptop in the next week or two. What's everyone's favorite brand?

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I'm not sure, I recently got a Samsung Chromebook Pro, but there is an issue with the touch screen where there are sometimes "phantom touches" on the bottom right corner of the screen. I looked online, and it's a widespread issue. I assume you want a windows laptop, I used to have a Dell laptop and it was pretty good.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I definetly want a windows computer for sure. How long did your Dell last you until it gave out?

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I definetly want a windows computer for sure. How long did your Dell last you until it gave out?
It didn't really give out, the screen broke and the warranty had ran out, so a new screen was more expensive than a new computer. After that, I got a cheap HP Stream laptop, but the screen was awful so I returned it. I couldn't see anything on the screen if it was at an angle. I love my Samsung Chromebook pro, except for the phantom touch issue which is really starting to get frustrating, so I'm thinking about returning it.

Protim Sarkar

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I am using Dell deskstop for 4 years. It is great. Till date no issues.
In the month of May, I presented my brother HP Pavilion Notebook 15 au114tx. It is a good laptop. Best for gaming lol.:)

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I like to play facebook games and sometimes stream Netflix, but my nephews like to play minecraft and roblox. I did go look at Dell Inspire icore i3 at Best Buy and really liked it. It's also on sale for 350 so Im definetly considering that or an hp.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
That sounds like a good deal, the core i3 processor should be fine as long as you aren't doing any graphically intensive tasks such as 3d modeling, playing graphically intense games, etc. Just avoid HP Stream laptops, because they have really bad screens.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
That sounds like a good deal, the core i3 processor should be fine as long as you aren't doing any graphically intensive tasks such as 3d modeling, playing graphically intense games, etc. Just avoid HP Stream laptops, because they have really bad screens.
Lol that is the one I have right now, it has definetly started to slow down plus the screen is way to small for me.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Budget? Normally I would recommend the HP Spectre x360, but assuming you don't want to pay that much, then these options cost much less:

Anders247

Congo tetra
Administrator
Forum Veteran
Reaction score
My favorite type of computer is the Windows XP, but you probably don't want that dinosaur, lol.

Protim Sarkar

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Still now I think XP is the best.:p
One day I saw a picture of the windows start button of XP on @Anders247's Computer.( from India):p:D
I still remember it was Sunday, 16/4/2017.
10:59 am.

Last edited:

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Good news I finally decided on an hp pavilion with intel core 7 i7. Got it for 449 at Office Max.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
That's a good deal for an i7. The processors alone (for desktops) are upwards of $300.
Yeah I was surprised,especially considering it was an Hp. It works amazing and is really fast so far.