Fish from SebsExotics

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Fish, May 25, 2016.

1. Fish

Fish German blue ram Fish guru

I'm pretty excited to be here. Since you know, the other forum that I was on, uploaded literally nothing. I am seriously hoping you guys actually are active. If not I'd be pretty mad.

2. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

I post.  After i get the new software going, and all of the posts imported, i am going to put cards at LFS and hope that i get new members.  I think that this forum is going to grow.  This hosting does not have room for images but the new host should.  I am going to move from the free crappy phpbb software to XenForo.  Also, i am looking fir a moderator volounteer that will approve posts from new members.  Do you want to be a moderator?  You will be able to close threads, edit posts and BAN PEOPLE 

3. Fish

Sure, but only if you remove this approval thing. It is just so unnecessary...

4. CarpCharacin

I have deleted over 1700 spam posts.  It is just for new members with less than 5 posts.

5. CarpCharacin

I may remove it with the new software.  WELCOME TO THE TEAM!!!

6. Fish

I understand if it get removed after five posts, but it may be the reason people aren't here. We should try it.

7. CarpCharacin

I have removed it.

8. CarpCharacin

I had to disable some add-ons because the site was slow and buggy. I am going to move to new software soon.

9. Fish

Well I'm excited
    I just got a Discus pair today and they are beautiful...

10. CarpCharacin

Start a thread and attach pics! I am a coldwater fish keeper. Eventually we are going to build a greenhouse and i am goinbg to build a stingray pond. I just completed my 1500 gallon pond. I have limited funding. I'm pretty young.

11. Fish

WOAH! Another youngster in the Aquarium Hobby! Finally... I'm 15! I only know one other person who is young in the Hobby and he isn't really too enthusiastic about it anymore. Wow that's great.

12. CarpCharacin

I am really enthusiastic about the hobby. There is this kid that was in my class that had a betta and he let the water evaporate and it died. Not very responsible fishkeeping on his part.

13. Fish

Dang, like dang. How do you even let that happen? :LOL:

14. CarpCharacin

He was using a half gallon bowl. I was going to give him a 2.5 gallon tank, but his fish did not make it that long. I went to the pet store when he got the betta. It was a female betta. I got a calico shubunkin at the same time and he is 8+ inches and doing great in the 1500 gallon pond. That was when we were in 4th grade. That kid was an administrator on this site under the name of DudeGoodman, but after his betta died, i deleted his account.

15. Fish

I had two Flowerhorns, a Bichir, A BP, and some catfish and sold them all so I can get a breeding pair of Discus. Which I got today. I am very much enjoying them already.

16. CarpCharacin

Eventually when i build the greenhouse next year, i am going to build a stingray pond.

17. CarpCharacin

Don't quote me anymore. I want to avoid long strings of quotes. It will cause problems when i get new software.

18. Fish

Black Diamond Stingrays look great

19. CarpCharacin

I know, but they are expensive. Maybe i could find a baby one for under $500, but I doubt it.

20. CarpCharacin

I hope that Ray Kurzweil's predictions DO NOT come true.

21. Fish

What are his predictions?

22. CarpCharacin

google them.

23. CarpCharacin

User titles are determined either by post count or staff position. I can give people custom ones. Do you want a custom user title? Yours is moderator right now. I have a custom one.

24. Fish

Doesn't matter to me. I'm good with moderator. When are you upgrading the software?

25. CarpCharacin

i am upgrading to xenforo on the 30th or the 31st. I hope the predictions don't happen.

26. Fish

Just read them. Probably won't happen. He probably just got lucky on his other predictions. They were pretty general and could be predicted honestly.

27. CarpCharacin

Yeah. All of his predictions that he came up with were wrong and the ones that came true were not even his. His self driving cars prediction came true. Teslas are self driving.

28. CarpCharacin

I AM ALMOST AT 100 POSTS!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Fish

Dope :D

30. CarpCharacin

Start a thread and post pics of your discus!

31. Fish

I'm kinda too lazy...
    Maybe I'll do it