Fish Room

Discussion in 'Local Fishkeeping Discussion' started by jeffreylei88, Nov 4, 2017.

1. jeffreylei88

jeffreylei88 Celestial pearl danio New member

I want to begin working on building a 40-60 tanks freshwater fishroom in my house. What are some resources/recommendations that I can get from around Salt Lake City? Thanks in advance!

2. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

Get your tanks at the Petco dollar per gallon sale, they have tanks from 10-75 gallons, that is where I got my 40 gallon breeder tanks. What sizes of tanks are you planning on getting? 40-60 tanks is a lot.

3. Roxane1232

Roxane1232 German blue ram Fish guru

Petcos dollar per gallon sales are great. You can also look on ksl, thrift stores, also I got a great deal on 2 whisper filters and 1 heater for 35.00 including shipping on dr fosters. I got my 20 gallon for 30 and all it needed was a heater, plants and fish. Petsmart is also having half off on tanks complete with lights and stands for half off on black Friday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. jeffreylei88

Thanks for your responses. I am hoping to grab around 10 10g, 10 20g, 4 40g 1 75g and 1 300g for now (I have around 5 tanks at home ranges from 10-75 right now) Going big but I am uncertain how to work on central air system for sponge filters, heaters, stands, and custom aquariums.

5. jeffreylei88

PS: I breed African cichlids and Ranchus

6. CarpCharacin

For the central air system, get a linear piston air pump from Jehmco. I haven't used one myself, but I have heard that they are really good, and they're pretty quiet. I'm planning on getting one when I eventually start building a fish room.

7. jeffreylei88

Is there any custom aquarium companies in town? Or do people go through customaquarium.com from WI?

8. CarpCharacin

I don't know of any custom aquarium companies in town, but you would probably be better off building your own tank. Building a tank would be a lot cheaper that getting one made by a custom aquarium company, and it would be easier to move into the fish room, because you could just build it there.

9. Angelphish

Angelphish Bolivian ram Well-known Member

Georgia
    If you get a 300, you need to get rays. Anything else and you would be wasting a large tank (other than ray tankmates).

10. jeffreylei88

I would love to get rays but I love my african cichlids so much. hoping to get a full peacock hap tank :)