Fowl pox

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by CarpCharacin, Jan 16, 2018.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

I think both of my roosters might have wet fowl pox from pecking each other, I noticed some yellow, wet lesions inside of their mouths. It could be another respiratory disease, but I'm still going to vaccinate the whole flock. I thought I might have to rehome the roosters because I thought the anti crow collars I had on them might be causing the issue, but if it't not the crow collars, then I might be able to keep them. I'm going to be taking both of them to the vet soon.

2. CarpCharacin

The smaller one has gone missing. He was more sick, I haven't heard him, so I think he might be dead. I hope he's just hiding somewhere, but I don't know.

3. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar German blue ram Moderator Fish guru

:(

4. CarpCharacin

I think he might of eaten some of the food we left out for him, but I'm not sure. The larger rooster was bullying him, and I think it was because the larger one knows that he's sick. I'm going to be taking them to the vet next week, hopefully he shows up by then. When I ordered the vaccine, I paid for overnight shipping so the vaccine stays cold, but UPS delayed it for a day. I thought the vaccine was going to arrive warm and I would have to send it back, but thankfully it was still cold. I'm going to vaccinate the flock today.