Frozen blood worm feast

Discussion in 'Fish Pictures & Videos' started by Roxane1232, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Roxane1232

Roxane1232 German blue ram Fish guru

I usually only give them blood worms the day before I do a water change so they don't make to big of a mess in the tank.

Also any ideas on getting rid of the constant algae that seems to be coming along with the trumpet snails, Im still waiting on fish 4 u to get an assasin snail?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
  2. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

Algae is usually caused by the amount of light and the amount of nutrients the algae is receiving, i.e. nitrates and phosphates. I doubt the snails are causing the algae, try reducing the amount of light the tank is getting.

3. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar German blue ram Fish guru

You can put the blood worms on a floating cup. It is amazing to see when all the fish will dart around it.:)

4. Roxane1232

How many hours should I cut down on? I usually have my light on from 900 am to 9 pm.

5. Roxane1232

Thanks, I will try that next week, my honey gouramis might like that too, might give them more of a chance to get some before the rasboras go nuts.

6. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

Cutting down to 8-10 hours per day might help, that's 2-4 hours less. You could also just turn off the light for about 3 days, that should get rid of the algae.

7. Roxane1232

That's a good idea I was also thinking of getting a few more otos, since I only have 2 or a few more amanos, or some nerites, but don't know about nerites since Im going to be getting an assasin to keep the trumpet snails in check.