Frozen blood worm feast

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings

I usually only give them blood worms the day before I do a water change so they don't make to big of a mess in the tank.

Also any ideas on getting rid of the constant algae that seems to be coming along with the trumpet snails, Im still waiting on fish 4 u to get an assasin snail?

Last edited by a moderator:

CarpCharacin

Cyprinus carpio
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
Also any ideas on getting rid of the constant algae that seems to be coming along with the trumpet snails, Im still waiting on fish 4 u to get an assasin snail?
Algae is usually caused by the amount of light and the amount of nutrients the algae is receiving, i.e. nitrates and phosphates. I doubt the snails are causing the algae, try reducing the amount of light the tank is getting.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Algae is usually caused by the amount of light and the amount of nutrients the algae is receiving, i.e. nitrates and phosphates. I doubt the snails are causing the algae, try reducing the amount of light the tank is getting.
How many hours should I cut down on? I usually have my light on from 900 am to 9 pm.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
You can put the blood worms on a floating cup. It is amazing to see when all the fish will dart around it.:)
Thanks, I will try that next week, my honey gouramis might like that too, might give them more of a chance to get some before the rasboras go nuts.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Cutting down to 8-10 hours per day might help, that's 2-4 hours less. You could also just turn off the light for about 3 days, that should get rid of the algae.
That's a good idea I was also thinking of getting a few more otos, since I only have 2 or a few more amanos, or some nerites, but don't know about nerites since Im going to be getting an assasin to keep the trumpet snails in check.