Google Home

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Has anyone here used Google Home? If you have, how did you like it? I'm going to move soon, and I want to have Google Home at the new house to control things such as lighting, thermostats, locks, etc.

Anders247

Congo tetra
Administrator
Forum Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't get it, personally. Just more ways for them to monitor you, not to sound paranoid.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I trust Google, and I can control what information is shared with them using the Google home app.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Google is launching their Google home mini for $49 on October 4th. I'll probably order one, and I might design a 3d printed wall mount for it.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Amazon has just launched their new Amazon Echo, and I'm not sure if I should get one of those instead of a google home. The Echo Plus acts as a smart home hub instead of just a smart speaker. @Angelphish what do you think?

Last edited:

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Amazon has just launched their new Amazon Echo, and I'm not sure if I should get one of those instead of a google home. The Echo Plus acts as a smart home hub instead of just a smart speaker. @Angelphish what do you think?
I don't know anything about those, nor do I care about them. I don't see the point in having one.

Anders247

Congo tetra
Administrator
Forum Veteran
Reaction score
Honestly they just record things you say to spy on you so they can sell stuff to you. I don't like them.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
No, they don't record what you say to sell stuff to you. A Google Home or an Amazon Echo can't sell anything to you unless you ask it to. They only record when you say the wake word, and with the Google Assistant, you can delete the history of what you said.

Anders247

Congo tetra
Administrator
Forum Veteran
Reaction score
No, they don't record what you say to sell stuff to you. A Google Home or an Amazon Echo can't sell anything to you unless you ask it to. They only record when you say the wake word, and with the Google Assistant, you can delete the history of what you said.
I'm talking about the companies themselves, they record what you say and modify those ads you see to what you like.