Hey there fellow fish-lovers

lachryphage

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Rose Park, Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Hi, my name's Adele and I love fish.

My family has always had a fish tank, and as I got older I became the only one invested in the well-being of our aquatic pets so when I moved out I got the tank!

I now have three tanks:
40 gal with ~ 27 cherry barbs, a raspbora, and a bristle-nose pleco
10 gal with 4 ember tetras and 4 pygmy cory cats
10 gal with a "butterfly" betta

All of these fish were given to me by people who didn't want them anymore, so all but the betta are living in less-than ideal conditions. I compensate by doing frequent water changes but now that I'm a member of this forum I feel more confident finding homes where they'll actually be taken care of.

I joined because my school recently received two goldfish from an "anonymous donor" -- i.e. someone left two comets in our 20 gal tropical tank. Obviously, I need to get those two re-homed asap and I've already created a thread for them. Despite the unfortunate circumstances, I am glad to finally be part of a fish forum and I really look forward to learning from real people.

lachryphage

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Rose Park, Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

@CarpCharacin Thanks for the advice, I am aware of PetCo's fabulous sales, but I have long term-plans for my tanks and I don't want to purchase anything new until I can afford a super nice low-iron "rimless." In the mean time I'll just downsize my stock. I'm not in a huge rush, my barbs have been doing great! Despite having more than tripled their population size in the past year and a half I have had no deaths or sickness. Still though, my little baby barbs need homes so I'll list them at some point.