Hey there fellow fish-lovers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by lachryphage, Nov 10, 2017.

1. lachryphage

lachryphage Celestial pearl danio New member

Hi, my name's Adele and I love fish.

My family has always had a fish tank, and as I got older I became the only one invested in the well-being of our aquatic pets so when I moved out I got the tank!

I now have three tanks:
    40 gal with ~ 27 cherry barbs, a raspbora, and a bristle-nose pleco
    10 gal with 4 ember tetras and 4 pygmy cory cats
    10 gal with a "butterfly" betta

All of these fish were given to me by people who didn't want them anymore, so all but the betta are living in less-than ideal conditions. I compensate by doing frequent water changes but now that I'm a member of this forum I feel more confident finding homes where they'll actually be taken care of.

I joined because my school recently received two goldfish from an "anonymous donor" -- i.e. someone left two comets in our 20 gal tropical tank. Obviously, I need to get those two re-homed asap and I've already created a thread for them. Despite the unfortunate circumstances, I am glad to finally be part of a fish forum and I really look forward to learning from real people.

2. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

Welcome to Utah Fishkeepers, I'm glad you decided to join! I'm not sure if the Petco dollar per gallon sale is still going on, but if it is, you could get some larger tanks for your fish.

3. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

Welcome to UFK!

4. Five 97

Five 97 Celestial pearl danio New member

Welcome to Utah Fishkeepers!

5. lachryphage

lachryphage Celestial pearl danio New member

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all!

@CarpCharacin Thanks for the advice, I am aware of PetCo's fabulous sales, but I have long term-plans for my tanks and I don't want to purchase anything new until I can afford a super nice low-iron "rimless." In the mean time I'll just downsize my stock. I'm not in a huge rush, my barbs have been doing great! Despite having more than tripled their population size in the past year and a half I have had no deaths or sickness. Still though, my little baby barbs need homes so I'll list them at some point.

6. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar German blue ram Fish guru

Welcome to UFK !:)