I am completely devastated

Discussion in 'Aquatic Health/Diseases' started by Roxane1232, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Roxane1232

Roxane1232 German blue ram Fish guru

I came home and did a small water change today after realizing, that my ammonia was at .25 and also a good gravel vacuum, and after doing a water change noticed that one of my panda corydoras had gotten stuck in between one of my decorations, and a rock, and died right there. When I saw him he was all pale so not sure if it was just getting stuck, but all the other fish are fine so far except for his friend that was sitting close to him. So now I am down to 5 pandas. Should I immediately add 2 more or wait and make sure that the other pandas aren't sick.

2. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

Wait and make sure they aren't sick.

3. Roxane1232

Yeah I just lost another one so I am waiting, I have heard that sometimes pandas can be more sensitive and most other fish. I am thinking if they die I might be better off trying a hardier cory like sterbai, or peppered. I don't know if its the temps, I keep it at 75, since the Honey Gourami, and espeis like that temperature but felt it wouldnt be to warm for the pandas

4. CarpCharacin

5. Roxane1232

20 gallons high, with tetra Whisper 10-30i ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates 0, ph 72.5 alkalinity 80 total hardness 150, chlorine 0, do a 5-gallon water change every week, and 5 percent gravel change, although did another one just yesterday, and used extra prime. Other fish all seem to be doing just fine so far, all eating acting normal.
    fish stock
    6 panda corydoras, down to 4
    8 espei rasboras
    4 ghost shrimp
    2 otocinclus
    1 honey gourami

I also test my water at least every other day to sure the perimeters are well

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017
  6. CarpCharacin

Hmm, your water parameters look fine. Do you have pictures of the fish?

7. Roxane1232

I have pictures of the ones that were left the first one got stuck between a decoration and a rock, and unfortunately I got home to late to release him. The second was just swimming like he was standing, and looked liked he hit the back of the filter going up and ended up turning upside down and died by impact. The other pandas seem to be acting fine today, as well as the espeis, the honey gourami and shrimp.

8. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

Sorry for your loss. :(

9. Roxane1232

So far the other pandas are acting normal and doing fine, as well as the other fish in the aquarium, but still going to wait at least another week. I did a 2 nd water change just to make sure the water is nice and clean.