I found a 5 dollar koi

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
So I was browsing through ksl and found someone that is selling a 10 gallon tank with a 5 inch koi for 20.00. Thought someone who had a pound might be interested and also get an extra tank in the process. Sucks anyone would even think that its okay to put a koi in a 10 gallon tank https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/50262210

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I would take the koi, but I think my pond is fully stocked, and I would be a little hesitant to introduce another fish into my pond with it starting to get colder. I have a small koi that I'm planning on introducing in the spring, because I'm afraid the cold will stress him out.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I would take the koi, but I think my pond is fully stocked, and I would be a little hesitant to introduce another fish into my pond with it starting to get colder. I have a small koi that I'm planning on introducing in the spring, because I'm afraid the cold will stress him out.
I wish I could but I just have my 20. I just feel bad that the seller thinks it's appropriate to put him in a 10 gallon.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, that's sad. The tank in the picture looks empty, I wonder if he's keeping the fish in a different tank, but he obviously thinks it's OK to keep him in a 10 gallon, as he's selling the fish along with the tank. Koi can reach 3+ feet, an adult koi needs a minimum of 1000 gallons, IMO.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Yeah, that's sad. The tank in the picture looks empty, I wonder if he's keeping the fish in a different tank, but he obviously thinks it's OK to keep him in a 10 gallon, as he's selling the fish along with the tank. Koi can reach 3+ feet, an adult koi needs a minimum of 1000 gallons, IMO.
At least . I wouldn't even keep an angel in that size of tank, if he doesn't want it he should offer it to fish 4 u or pets n such so they can rehome it.