I found my male money gourami dead

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
So I woke up a little later than usual, and realized that I was a few hours late turning on my tank, I usually turn it on around 900 am, but today I slept in a bit and didn't turn it on until about noon, and found my male honey gourami dead, by some of my floating plants, so I am unsure what exactly happened. I did water tests as well and everything was fine My only two thoughts are, he got caught in the floating plants and couldn't get up to breathe, or my female finally got fed up with him following her and they fought until he died, but whenever I have watched them they seemed to get along fine. My female is however looking a bit depressed now that he's gone. So I don't know if I should get another male honey gourami, or just wait and see how she is doing after a few days, or how she is interacting with the other fish.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, it sucks when fish die.
Especially this one. My gouramis are my favorites because they interact with you. I want to get another male but worried if they fought before he died. Although I didn't see any nips or scratches on either of them.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
So far Prissy (short for Priscilla) is doing a lot better than I thought without Goldy, in fact she has been coming out from hiding, so I think I am just going to have her be a solo Gourami for now, and maybe get some endler guppies or something for her to play with .