I just found this thread

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
So I found this tank with everything including fish for 30 dollars, problem is it's only a ten gallon not to mention the neon and corries need to have a few more friends, and a bigger tank would the fish in the 10 gallon be okay in there until I can fully cycle the 20 gallon, I would most likely just leave the neon in the ten gallon and get him about 5 more . I mostly just don't want those corries to be in such a small tank or the neon to be alone. friends.http://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/43692587

Also don't the mollies need one more buddy and salt in their tank?

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
The fish should be ok until you get the other tank cycled.
Okay , would you leave the mollies to the 23 gallon or leave them in the 10 gallon with the neons. My guess is it would be to much once I added 5 more neons.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
How many mollies are in there? I agree, it would probably be too much. The neons should ideally have at least 15 gallons.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
How many mollies are in there? I agree, it would probably be too much. The neons should ideally have at least a 15 gallon.
looks like 2 ballon mollies, maybe they would all be better off if I just put some of the cycled filter media on my 20 gallon tank, and move all of them over .

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, that would probably be better. You could just move the cycled filter from the 10 gallon to the 20.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
looks like 2 ballon mollies, maybe they would all be better off if I just put some of the cycled filter media on my 20 gallon tank, and move all of them over .
I can't help it I feel bad for all those fish stuck in a 10 gallon, not to mention it would help me establish my tank at the same time. Don't balloon mollies like 30 gallon tanks.

Not to mention give me an extra quarantine tank if I ever need it.

Anders247

Congo tetra
Administrator
Forum Veteran
Reaction score
Balloon mollies are fine in 20g. The fish should be fine until you get the 20g cycled.