I set up my 75 gallon today!

Thread starter Admin #1

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
I set up my 75 gallon tank today, I used a Titan Eze double metal stand, since I haven't finished the wooden stand I was building. I had to put the tank on the bottom of the stand, since I don't think it would have been stable enough on the top with no weight on the bottom. I'm planning on getting a second tank for the top though, it should be stable since I have the 75 set up on the bottom. I'm going to be moving my 3 Electric Blue Haps into the new 75 from one of my 40 gallon tanks. I was a little worried about it leaking since I had to reseal it when I got it, but it's holding water, and I don't think there are any leaks.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
I set up my 75 gallon tank today, I used a Titan Eze double metal stand, since I haven't finished the wooden stand I was building. I had to put the tank on the bottom of the stand, since I don't think it would have been stable enough on the top with no weight on the bottom. I'm planning on getting a second tank for the top though, it should be stable since I have the 75 set up on the bottom. I'm going to be moving my 3 Electric Blue Haps into the new 75 from one of my 40 gallon tanks. I was a little worried about it leaking since I had to reseal it when I got it, but it's holding water, and I don't think there are any leaks.
Nice! That should be an awesome looking tank.

Kalawai

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
I’m cycling a 65 gallon tank right now...no fish yet. I’m just starting to see nitrites it has taken over two and a half months Fishless cycle to get to this stage. I have never in the past have had such a long cycle. Is it the hard water hereor what?

Thread starter Admin #12

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
I moved a cycled Aqueon filter from the hap's old tank to the 75, and added a new AquaClear 110, but the pump on the Aqueon filter kept stopping because of the Black Diamond sand in the tank, so I took it out and haven't gotten it going again yet, but I think the AquaClear is almost done cycling. I also raised up the intake on the AquaClear so sand wouldn't get caught in the pump, and I'm planning on doing the same with the AquaClear once I clean out the pump and get it going again. Yeah, I also have hard water here.