In Search Of...

Jody Oliverson

Celestial pearl danio
Reaction score
I've got a 10 gallon with 2 male fancy tail guppies. I'd really like to add some other fish. Does anyone have anything small they are looking to rehome?

Also, if anyone has any rocks or things that I could put in the tank just for visual for now. Plastic plants or whatnot. I haven't decided what I want to end up doing with the tank but eventually I will and I don't want to waste money buying random stuff yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I don't have any fish I am looking to rehome. I do have some very small aquatic snails that I could give you. I have kept minnows with guppies and it worked out. Maybe you could get some minnows. Mosquito fish are good with guppies too.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I feel that with how cheap plastic plants are, and how cheaply you can get rocks from a landscaping supplier, the only thing you would be saving by doing this is time.

As for small fish, my smallest is a 2" Bala, which will eventually grow to be 12-14". Not what you want for a 10 gal. Everything else is cichlids or large bottom dwellers.
Smaller fish like Rasboras and Tetras can be bought from PetSmart cheaply. Those along with Guppies are the best fish for a 10 gallon.