Internet

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I just got a notice from them saying, "We're going to be working on the service in your area for the next month, but don't worry, we hope to be finished every day by 2 PM, so it will be working after usual work hours are over." I called to rant. I work night shifts, and my roommate works graves. So the time they plan for our internet to be down will be exactly when I am home and need it! ARGH. My landlord is jumping through hoops to get our house rigged up for Google soon, so here's to hoping.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Unfortunately google fiber isn't available in my neighborhood :(. I have google wifi, and that works pretty fast with xfinity internet.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
How far up in the Aves are you?? (Not stalking you, you mentioned it on another thread. *lol*) I live just below 2nd south, and it's here!

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I live up near 10th ave. I saw them running the google fiber cables on my street, but according to the google fiber website it isn't available in my location :(.

I'm going to split these posts off into their own thread.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
No real reason to. You could have just deleted them. Absolutely not fish related. :D

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
No real reason to. You could have just deleted them. Absolutely not fish related. :D
Chickens aren't fish related either, and the thread is in the off topic section ;).

Anyway, I hope google fiber comes to my area, but I read that they are stopping expansion.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I really can't imagine they're making that much money from the intro packages. In our neighborhood, it's 50 bucks a month! That's insane. I pay more for a tiny fraction of Google's speed for my Comcrap. Guess I'll be using the internet on my phone for a while. Good thing that's unlimited. :p

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I was going to share some pix of my chickens with you from my old flock, but the new Photobucket is giving me a migraine. I had something like... I don't know, more than 50 breeds/varieties. Some really cool ones. I had 6 incubators set up in my room, and had one hatch every week (4 incubators turning eggs, and 2 incubators set up as hatchers). It was great. Super fun. I loved being surprised with every hatch! I had some really cool-looking birds. *sigh* Gotta get out of this city!!

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I really can't imagine they're making that much money from the intro packages. In our neighborhood, it's 50 bucks a month! That's insane. I pay more for a tiny fraction of Google's speed for my Comcrap. Guess I'll be using the internet on my phone for a while. Good thing that's unlimited. :p
Huh? $50 a month for google fiber is cheaper than what it costs for xfinity internet that is 1/10 the speed.
I was going to share some pix of my chickens with you from my old flock, but the new Photobucket is giving me a migraine.
Yeah, photobucket recently disabled hotlinking, so you can't post images from photobucket on forums and stuff. A lot of images just broke on a bunch of forums.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
That's what I meant. Isn't that what I said? *lol* Evidently not very eloquently. I meant it's insane that they're charging so little, and I can't imagine they're making much of a profit at that sweet of a deal. Maybe just to get people in the door, and people who get fiber in the future will have to pay more? My internet currently runs at a fraction of Comcast's speed, and costs me more.

I need to find a better alternative to Photobucket. It's SO hard to navigate now, and nothing but ad after ad, and the pages freeze and photos stop loading, and you can't sort by page anymore. It's a hot mess. :(

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
That's what I meant. Isn't that what I said? *lol* Evidently not very eloquently. I meant it's insane that they're charging so little, and I can't imagine they're making much of a profit at that sweet of a deal. Maybe just to get people in the door, and people who get fiber in the future will have to pay more? My internet currently runs at a fraction of Comcast's speed, and costs me more.
I agree, google fiber is a really good deal. My comcast internet is 105 mbps and google fiber is almost 10 times that at 1 gbps.
I need to find a better alternative to Photobucket. It's SO hard to navigate now, and nothing but ad after ad, and the pages freeze and photos stop loading, and you can't sort by page anymore. It's a hot mess. :(
Just upload your images as attachments, that way they will never break at a later date.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Ugh, we tried to upgrade to 250 Mbps on Comcast, but the speed actually slowed down to around 80 Mbps when it was testing at 120+ Mbps before. The modem was rated up to 170 Mbps, so I tried getting a new one that is rated up to 343 Mbps, but that didn't help at all. I contacted them and they said the modem was only compatible with their 105/150 MBPS plans, and I know that isn't true. I hate Comcast, I wish Google Fiber was available in my neighborhood.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
The Fiber people have been mapping our house to put Fiber in... But by the time they actually get it done, who knows where I'll be living! This place is sweet because it's a really big apartment for a pretty sweet price downtown/on the east side, and it's a basement, so I can have whatever tanks I want. In fact, a few years ago, I had one of those steel industrial racks in my bedroom with tanks piled to the ceiling, and my landlord saw it and was like, "Oh, that's nice. What are you doing with all those tanks?" On top of the 3 I had in the living room. She didn't care at all. *lol* Unless I own my own place in the future, I doubt I'll ever have another landlord that's like, "Oh, you want 879847 gallons of water in your apartment? That's fine." :D