Want to Buy ISO 120 gallon tank (60x18x25)

Chaos

Celestial pearl danio
Reaction score
Looking for a 120 gallon tank (60x18x25). Bought one off ksl and it ended up having a leak. Still like stand and 3D background so prefer to stay with same footprint. Tried to reseal it but probably did a crappy job cause it didn't work.
If anyone has a lot of experience resealing and can guarantee it will hold water afterwards I'll entertain paying for that service since the glass is in good condition.

Chaos

Celestial pearl danio
Reaction score
Just curious, what kind of silicone did you use when you tried to reseal it?
Well I actually tried twice. 1st time was with RTV108 that seemed good enough to move it back inside but ended up leaking a few weeks later. This last time was GE silicone 1 since I already had it because that was what I was originally going to use but changed my mind. That leaked after a few days.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
The GE silicone isn't adhesive, that's probably why it leaked the second time. Did you make sure to clean the glass very well after you removed the silicone? It wont bond as strongly if there is any old silicone left on the glass.

Chaos

Celestial pearl danio
Reaction score
The GE silicone isn't adhesive, that's probably why it leaked the second time. Did you make sure to clean the glass very well after you removed the silicone? It wont bond as strongly if there is any old silicone left on the glass.
Yeah I thought so, it seemed to take forever and I used Acetone. I didn't feel 100% confident on the reapplication of silicone though. 2nd time I feel like I improved a little bit but it was still wasn't pretty. Felt defeated and thought maybe it would be easier to buy another one. Its not a common size so it could take a while watching KSL and new I'm probably looking at $800 for just the tank. There is a 100 gallon I'm considering but I'd lose 2 inches in width so not sure how that would look on the stand plus with the background it would be nice to have the extra 2 inches. Any advice is welcomed.