Local Fish Store Marks Ark

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I think Marks Ark has gone down hill quite a bit. I went there on Monday to get some advice and check out their fish selection, and the guy advised me to do up to 10 fish immediately even though I told him I had just finished the last steps of cycling. I also saw some dead fish.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I was there a few months ago, and it looked like some of the cichlids they had there had hole in the head.
The fish didn't even look happy at all, and the guy seemed like he wanted me to just rush into picking out ten fish, so I just walked out and decided I was not buying fish from him. They used to have a good store but I think I will be sticking with Pets and Such and Fish4U. You can definitely tell their fish are happy and cared for and they give you good advice

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
My favorite LFS is Fish4U. One time when I was at Mark's Ark, they were keeping a small dog that they were selling in an empty fish tank. I don't like pet stores that sell dogs, my dog is a rescue dog.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I don't like pet stores that sells dogs or cats, they should do what Petsmart and Petco do and have space for shelter or humane society animals.
My favorite LFS is Fish4U. One time when I was at Mark's Ark, they were keeping a small dog that they were selling in an empty fish tank. I don't like pet stores that sell dogs, my dog is a rescue dog.
Fish 4 u is my favorite too. I like that they care about who they sell their fish too, although they are making wait until Sunday to add more fish that tells me that they care about their fish.

I think Mark's Ark just wants to make a quick sell.

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Went to Marks for the first time and was not impressed. Not one employee greeted or even asked if I had questions or needed help. I don't think I'll be back

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Went to Marks for the first time and was not impressed. Not one employee greeted or even asked if I had questions or needed help. I don't think I'll be back
I prefer fish 4 U, and Pets & Such, when I went they asked if I needed help, but they didn't have any of the fish I was looking for, plus they had a dead fish in one of the tanks and the owner wanted me to take ten fish home at once. He was also impatient with me and wanted me to decide right away.