Rift Lake Minimum tank size for frontosa cichlids

Thread starter #1

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
So I am thinking that I might want to get some frontosa cichlids. I was planning on getting a 75 gallon tank and a double metal stand so I could add a second tank for frontosas later, but I called around to all of the petco stores in the state of utah and all of them were out of 75s.

So how large of a tank do I need for several frontosas? WOuld a 75 gallon work, or would I need a 6 foot tank like a 125?

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
These fish prefer being kept in groups. A minimum of 1 male to 3 females.
A single fish could be housed in a 75, but the group would need a 125, and i would recommend a 210.

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Did you ever get the fronts? I saw a used 125 on ksl for cheap today... but if you are patient you can get one from petsmart w/ stand on sale for $350-$400.

Thread starter #8

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
Did you ever get the fronts? I saw a used 125 on ksl for cheap today... but if you are patient you can get one from petsmart w/ stand on sale for $350-$400.
No, I didn't get them. I am busy with other projects at the moment, and I plan to start breeding Vieja synspila. How much was the 125 on KSL?

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Seems like it was $100 !?!? I think. It was in rough shape from the looks of it, but you seem pretty good with the silicone ;)

Thread starter #11

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings