New 20 gallon

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Ammonia has gone down, it is around 0.25 ppm. Nitrite and nitrate are both at 0 ppm. Ammonia was pretty high the last time I tested it, so I didn't add any more pellets. Should I add some?
Just add a few. You want the ammonia to stay around 2ppm. Once the tank goes through 2ppm of ammonia in 24hrs it's cycled.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
I think it's about time to start ordering plants. What are you thinking about getting? In my opinion Baby Tears are the best looking carpeting plant, but Monte Carlo grows the fastest. S. Repens is also another nice looking plants, and most species of Rotala look good and grow quickly.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Dwarf baby tears and red flame swords. You told me what other plants I should get, but I forgot :oops:.
Research the different species of Rotala. Most of them make good high tech plants. I currently have Wallichii and Macrandra. Alternanthera is also a nice high tech plant. Staurogyne repens makes a good mid ground plant; I have a bush around my driftwood. It helps transition the foreground plants (baby tears) to the background plants (Rotala, Flame Sword, Alternanthera, etc...).

Research different high tech plants and find ones you like. Tropica.com has an extensive list, and they sell every plant on it. You should be able to keep most of the plants under the medium and advanced sections.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Where are your plants at? You should be able to order all of them off Amazon.

What fish do you plan to get? AquaticArts.com has a good selection of nano fish and invertebrates.

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
You guys are killing me :ROFLMAO: Just dump the water in, add plants and fish and be done!!! But then again... I don't do planted tanks, at least not like the one James is doing.