New aquarium.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
The acrylic for my upcoming aquarium project came today. I plan on doing a nano planted, so the dimensions are 24 x 14 x 11. This is be my first acrylic aquarium and I'm glad to finally have one, as I've heard a lot of good things about acrylic tanks. I plan to glue it tomorrow. I'll provide updates along the way.
20161107_164526.jpg

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
I know it's hard to tell from the pic, so I'll list out everything I bought:
Eheim 2211/Classic 150
Eheim 100 Air Pump
Eheim Jager 100w Heater
(I know I'm going kind of heavy on eheim equipment)
Seachem Prime, Flourish, and Stability
Fluval Stratrum (4.4 and 17.6 pound bag)
API Master Test Kit
5" Net
25ft Air Tubing
Air Stone

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Eheim is probably the best brand IMHO, i use alot of their stuff. I have used alot of Fluval stuff (particularly pumps) and it just isnt made as well as Eheim. I like German made stuff, Tetra is another German company that make some of the best Aquarium products. If you read Tetra patents (ok i know thats sad), you see they have some of the best scientists in the business.

Are you going to flame the rough edges on the top of the tank edges? Or maybe use wet and dry paper?

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Eheim is probably the best brand IMHO, i use alot of their stuff. I have used alot of Fluval stuff (particularly pumps) and it just isnt made as well as Eheim. I like German made stuff, Tetra is another German company that make some of the best Aquarium products. If you read Tetra patents (ok i know thats sad), you see they have some of the best scientists in the business.

Are you going to flame the rough edges on the top of the tank edges? Or maybe use wet and dry paper?
I tried to flame the edges with a butane torch, but it only warped the back. I'll likely end up sanding it.

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
I tried to flame the edges with a butane torch, but it only warped the back. I'll likely end up sanding it.
Dosnt matter how many you tubes i watch showing you how to do it, i cant flame acrylic either! I use sanding with wet and dry paper.

I know a guy who makes alot of our acrylic stuff for work, he has showed me no end of times how to flame, i normally burn the acrylic!! He on the other hand gets a fantastic finish.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Dosnt matter how many you tubes i watch showing you how to do it, i cant flame acrylic either! I use sanding with wet and dry paper.

I know a guy who makes alot of our acrylic stuff for work, he has showed me no end of times how to flame, i normally burn the acrylic!! He on the other hand gets a fantastic finish.
I've also seen that buffing is a common practice. Do you know of good compounds to use?

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Toothpaste is my weapon of choice! Although i am told Cerium Oxide is what you should use. I find different cheap toothpastes work well, i use teeth whitener ones for the first cut, then i use baby tooth paste for the polish.