New butterfly koi

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
On Tuesday I went to pets and such and got a new Butterfly Koi for my 1500 gallon koi pond. I'll try to take some pictures of him soon.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I tried to take some pictures of him today, but they were really blurry. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I still haven't been able to get a clear picture of him. Maybe I'll have to get an underwater camera. Here is a picture of him, but it's kind of blurry.
IMG_20170810_195812488_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

He is the small yellowish fish in the center.

Last edited:
  • Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I got him because I used to have a koi that looked very similar in my old pond, which was only around 50 gallons. Unfortunately a raccoon got that koi. That is why I made my current pond so deep.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I got him because I used to have a koi that looked very similar in my old pond, which was only around 50 gallons. Unfortunately a raccoon got that koi. That is why I made my current pond so deep.
It looks awesome, I love looking at koi fish. Did you known they have a pond tour sometime this month?

Utah Water Gardens is selling maps with addresses to the different ponds in Utah.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I found him dead in the priming pot last week, but I also found another fish that was still alive.