Rift Lake New Frontosas

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by CarpCharacin, Mar 29, 2018.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

I got two new Frontosa Cichlids from Fish 4 U yesterday. They are both very small, and I'm growing them out in the 40 gallon tank that I had my haps in, before I moved them into the 75.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  2. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

Nice!

3. Protim Sarkar

Protim Sarkar German blue ram Fish guru

That's cool !:)

4. CarpCharacin

I noticed that they are growing already! I'm going to get some pool filter sand for their tank, I still have some black diamond blasting sand, but I think the lighter pool filter sand will look better in their tank.

5. Protim Sarkar

Yup, with a black background !

6. CarpCharacin

I think a black background would make them pretty hard to see, since they're pretty dark blue.

7. Protim Sarkar

Believe me or not, a black background with white crystal sands and blue lights will be a dope Tank. One of my friends in YouTube, his tanks look so cool. Also Frontosas like dark places.:)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. CarpCharacin

I'm going to add some terra cotta pots for them to hide in after I add the sand. I was having a hard time finding pool filter sand because I wanted to get is locally since shipping is expensive, but thankfully I found it on Ace Hardware's website, with free store pickup, so I ordered one 50 pound bag. I think that will be enough for the tank, I used slightly less than a full bag of the Black Diamond sand in my other 40 gallon tank, the one with my Flowerhorn.

9. CarpCharacin

I picked up the pool filter sand today, and I'm planning on adding it soon. The frontosas have grown a lot!