New sterbai corydoras

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Your tank looks great! Good additions!
Thanks. I have been having a hell of a time finding more candy cane tetras online or locally, so I decided to start my school of sterbai cories figure they have similar temps to the tetras , and Angels.

sidfish

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
I just lost some Sterbai Cory's recently they were very tiny when I bought them. Acclimated them the old way in open bag by adding small amounts of water over a few hours. Ph was similar. They seemed sensitive from the start. The newest Corys ( Albino and Peppers ) I drip acclimated using a small bucket inside a medium bucket dripping slowly from air tubing... no problems they are doing fine. Sterbai's are so sweet, I hope to try again. Yours are beautiful.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
I just lost some Sterbai Cory's recently they were very tiny when I bought them. Acclimated them the old way in open bag by adding small amounts of water over a few hours. Ph was similar. They seemed sensitive from the start. The newest Corys ( Albino and Peppers ) I drip acclimated using a small bucket inside a medium bucket dripping slowly from air tubing... no problems they are doing fine. Sterbai's are so sweet, I hope to try again. Yours are beautiful.
Thanks.

Just added 3 more sterbai cories to get them up to 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

sidfish

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Nice tank. I think the sterbai I bought were too young, they were half the size of yours. I would buy bigger next time.
What kind of tetra in the tank with them, they are frisky!

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Nice tank. I think the sterbai I bought were too young, they were half the size of yours. I would buy bigger next time.
What kind of tetra in the tank with them, they are frisky!
Candy Cane/rosy tetras. I'm working on finding more but they are very popular right now even online

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Was finally able to find 2 more candy cane tetras after having to go grab a new filter. Decided I was sick of hornwort making a mess of my tank so threw it out.

sidfish

Celestial pearl danio
Ratings
Looking good. The Candy Cane Tetra's are so relaxing to watch, I'm getting dizzy from watching a school of Danio's dart about. Something slower would be nice.

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Ratings
Looking good. The Candy Cane Tetra's are so relaxing to watch, I'm getting dizzy from watching a school of Danio's dart about. Something slower would be nice.
Good thing is they are finally out of hiding after adding the other 2. My biggest one is still the boss. Now in a few weeks I can finally add some threadfin or neon rainbows.