Next step add fish

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Next step I added some espei rasboras to the tank to keep the beneficial bacteria producing. These guys are too funny. They love the bubbles, I just hope I don't have to much current going on in the tank, but they don't seem to bothered.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
White sand?? You're way more adventurous than I! *lol* I am such a lazy fishkeeper, and white turns green and brown so fast. (I wonder if MTS would help that though?) That's why all my tanks have black substrate. Laaaaazy. (And plus, I like the way it looks). :p Congrats on the new tank! I have to rearrange my bedroom, and then I'll have room for another! :D

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
White sand?? You're way more adventurous than I! *lol* I am such a lazy fishkeeper, and white turns green and brown so fast. (I wonder if MTS would help that though?) That's why all my tanks have black substrate. Laaaaazy. (And plus, I like the way it looks). :p Congrats on the new tank! I have to rearrange my bedroom, and then I'll have room for another! :D
I just rearranged my living room to add the 10 gallon. I have space for a 3rd tank just waiting to remodel a few rooms. I plan on making the tank mostly shrimp other than some pygmy cories and lambchop Rasboras.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I've been searching high and low online for shrimp that are good quality. Wish I never would have sold mine! Seems like everyone's breeding blah colors now, and they want an arm and a leg for them. When I can find them though, I'll be breeding them again! I need to get some big tanks set up, since I just got new Briggs snails, and I'll need some good grow-out tanks. I've never even heard of Lambchop Rasboras. I thought maybe you meant Harlequins, so I looked them up. They're a little different from Harlies though. You really like your red fish! :D

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I've been searching high and low online for shrimp that are good quality. Wish I never would have sold mine! Seems like everyone's breeding blah colors now, and they want an arm and a leg for them. When I can find them though, I'll be breeding them again! I need to get some big tanks set up, since I just got new Briggs snails, and I'll need some good grow-out tanks. I've never even heard of Lambchop Rasboras. I thought maybe you meant Harlequins, so I looked them up. They're a little different from Harlies though. You really like your red fish! :D
When I buy my shrimp I will only be buying them from fish 4 U or Pets N Such. I would buy some online but am to chicken because I like to be able to pick out my fish and shrimp, and make sure they are healthy.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
For sure, makes sense. Except for the fact that Fish4U doesn't carry any of the shrimp I'm looking for. :(

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
Just got my cholla wood and tied some moss on it as well as added a moss covered tube.
20180205_162539.jpg
20180205_162539.jpg

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
What kind of moss? I currently have 4 weird kinds I'm trying to propagate. I tied mine to those flowerball decorations that are all the rage among Betta keepers lately, because I couldn't find any nice, small rocks. So far, so good! :) Also, when I glanced at his pic quickly, it looked like you have a bear decoration. A black bear, standing up on his back feet. (Can you see it?) *lol*

Roxane1232

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
I used Java moss on the wood. I also plan on putting some moss balls. Java moss is a favorite of the shrimp.

SilverFlame819

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I used to have Java Moss in my tanks back in the day. It sort of grew all wild and crazy, like a jungle, and completely took over all my shrimp tanks. I'm looking forward to seeing what these new mosses look like once they're well-established. It looks like they're all going to grow on these flower balls pretty nicely... which will be good, because I don't want to see the flower balls, so hopefully they grow well enough to cover the balls completely! I'm really hoping they look like cute little Hobbit homes when they're complete. Like a big, fluffy moss ball with a hole through the center, like a little cave. :)