One of my chickens is missing :(

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
My smaller Jersey Giant is missing. I am hoping that she is just hiding somewhere. I hope that she didn't get eaten by a predatory bird :(. What should I do?

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Nothing you can do, just hope its gone off to brood a clutch of eggs, we have a few Jersey Giants here as well, they are a nice chicken.

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
she probally has a nest somewhere with more than one egg in, in a few days she may well disapere for a couple of weeks ;)

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
To brood the eggs........They dont just sit on fertile eggs, actually they dont have a clue if they are fertile to start with or not, that is why they will sit on artificial eggs.

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
When she wants to incubate the eggs she might have a different idea to you on that ;)

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
Then a raccoon will eat her, or she will freeze. She comes into the coop at night n her own, or she perches on the fence and then I just put her in the coop.

Angelphish

Bolivian ram
Reaction score
If I wasn't this late to the thread I would have said the neighbors got hungry.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
They don't really have any meat. I would never eat them. They are my pets! We were thinking it could have been one of the neighbor's cats because they let it roam and it looks for birds. I doubt my dog would let a cat into the yard though.

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
Our main rooster would have taken a baseball bat to the cat lol :p, he has one hell of a bad attitude!

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I don't have any roosters. They are not allowed on the city, but I could probably get away with having one.

Professor_fish

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I live in in the middle of nowhere, so keeping roosters isnt a problem. But they can drive you nuts with the noise.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
It is sad. I hope she isn't dead. Here is a picture of her when she was at the state fair.
20160917_164953.jpg

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
The only reason she got a second place, was because I entered two of the same breed. The other one that is not in the picture won first place. 6 of my chickens won blue ribbons and one won a red ribbon.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
She is still missing :(. I wish I would have just locked her up after she went missing the first time. Someone told me that might be a good idea and it was, but I didn't. I hope she is still alive. What do you think?

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
She is still missing, but there were 6 eggs in the coop yesterday instead of 5. I have 7 chickens, but one is inside recovering from bumblefoot and then there is the one that is missing, so that leaves only 5 that are outside and not missing, but there were 6 eggs. I hope she is still alive.

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
SHE IS ALIVE!!! My mom was letting the chickens out and she was outside. One of the other chickens tried to scare her away, but my mom caught her. I thought that she got eaten by a predator. She has grown some more feathers on her face.