Pictures of Baby Goldfish & Koi

Discussion in 'Fish Pictures & Videos' started by CarpCharacin, Jan 20, 2017.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

Here are some pictures of my baby goldfish and koi. They are the ones that I found outside in the tubs that I keep pond plants in. At first I thought that all of them were goldfish, but at least one of them has barbels, so it is a koi. They are currently in two clear plastic tubs. The water might look cloudy, but it isn't. It is just because I took some of the the pictures looking through the plastic. I am using some of my old tetra filters on the tubs.
    IMG_20170120_174801268.jpg IMG_20170120_174746011.jpg IMG_20170120_175044051_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20170120_175052297_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20170120_175057873_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg IMG_20170120_175016775.jpg IMG_20170120_175004946_BURST001.jpg IMG_20170120_174746011.jpg

2. CarpCharacin

What should I do with them when they get big? Once it gets warm, should I set up a stock tank pond outside and keep them in that?

3. Fish

Fish German blue ram Fish guru

Yeah

4. CarpCharacin

But how should I keep raccoons out of it?

5. Fish

Fence idk lmao

6. CarpCharacin

My 1500 gallon koi pond if 4 feet deep, so I don't have to worry about raccoons in that. Maybe I could use netting on the stock tank.

7. Aquatic Endeavors

Aquatic Endeavors German blue ram Fish guru

USA
    In my outdoor pond it is a never ending trip to the fish store just to keep the local cats and coons fed. I thought about putting a shark in there to eat some of the local free loaders :)

8. CarpCharacin

How deep is it?

9. Aquatic Endeavors

USA
    just 2 ft, i bring in any left over fish in the winter, its just a pretty for the wife during the summer. Mostly just work for me.

10. Aquatic Endeavors

USA
    LoL i put water lettuce in there a few yrs. ago to help shade it some to prevent algae, and it took over, we sold a bunch at yard sales for a dollar per plant. Ching !

11. CarpCharacin

That explains it. As long as your pond is deep, you won't have a problem.

12. Aquatic Endeavors

USA
    I though i might enjoy seeing a great white jump up and grab a neighbor cat trying to eat my goldfish LMAO

13. Fish

You know you actually can't keep a Great White in an Aquarium? They just die for an unknown reason. Sometimes because they just bruise themselves so much from hitting the glass and sometimes starving but some cases they just die.

14. Aquatic Endeavors

USA
    Thats good to know, trust me some idiot would try, just like the people that buy red tailed cats at 2 inches long and put them in a 10 gal. aquarium.

15. Fish

Oh gosh, that one's terrible.

16. CarpCharacin

Yeah, that is why you should *ALWAYS* research before buying fish.

17. Aquatic Endeavors

USA
    It happens trust me. i saw a petco employee tell a guy once that it would be perfectly fine to keep a red tail at home.
    what he failed to tell the guy was that he would soon need a 1000 gal. tank.

18. Fish

Lmao

19. CarpCharacin

I am going to move the fish into my 1500 gallon pond, once I install my DIY mechanical filtration basket.