Pleco attacked Frontosa

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
So a while back, one of the two baby frontosas I had went missing, and I thought the Rhino pleco ate it. Yesterday I got another baby Frontosa, and I moved the larger Rhino pleco into the pond because I thought that was the one that ate the other frontosa, bvut I left the smaller common pleco in the tank. Now one of the frontosas has a bite mark on his side. He's still alive, but he's not doing well. Now I think the common pleco was the one that ate the other Frontosa. I moved the common pleco into one of my other 40 gallon tanks, but I hope the baby frontosa makes it.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I moved the common pleco into a tank with goldfish that he hopefully won't attack. I think when I had him in my 55 gallon tank a few years ago, I had another smaller pleco that he killed.

Protim Sarkar

German blue ram
Fish guru
Reaction score
I moved the common pleco into a tank with goldfish that he hopefully won't attack. I think when I had him in my 55 gallon tank a few years ago, I had another smaller pleco that he killed.
My Green Terror was also killed by my Common Pleco. I gave the pleco to my LFS.

• Admin

CarpCharacin

Site Owner
Administrator
Fish mentor
Reaction score
I might try putting the common pleco in my pond if it goes after the goldfish in the tank that it's in now. I put the rhino pleco in the pond yesterday, I haven't been able to see him, but I'm pretty sure he's still in there, because he blends in with the pond liner, and I don't think he could fit through the bottom drain.