Sick goldfish

Discussion in 'Aquatic Health/Diseases' started by CarpCharacin, Mar 7, 2018.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio Administrator Fish mentor

I got a few comet goldfish a while ago, and I think one of them is sick. I recently set up another 40 gallon tank below the tank my flowerhorn is in, and in it I have two comet goldfish, a lionhead goldfish, and a small koi. I think the tank might still be cycling, but I think it's almost fully cycled. The smaller comet goldfish is acting sick, it almost looks like he has fin rot, but all the other fish are acting fine. He is sitting in the corner with his dorsal fin down, and it looks like he might have fin rot on his tail fin, but his pectoral fins are fine. I'm going to do a water change on the tank, but I'd like to avoid putting medication in the tank, as all the other fish are health. Is there anything else I should do?

2. CarpCharacin

It looks worse, it looks like it has spread onto his body, but none of the other fish have been affected. I haven't done a water change yet, because it's in a lower tank which I can't really siphon out of because it's down low, and I haven't been able to get my python water changer attached to the faucet in the basement. I'm going to go to Home Depot tomorrow, and try to find an adapter.

3. CarpCharacin

I moved him into his own tank, but he didn't make it :(.

4. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

Sorry for your loss. :(