Tanganyikan gobie's spawning

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Here is a short video of our gobies spawning. Sorry for the shaky footage but I was using a telephoto lense with no tripod

A total of 15 eggs were laid and she picked up 13. At 1:00 minute into the video you will see the female drop a tiny yellow egg, then spin around and take it in her mouth. This is their first time, so not sure how many will hatch if any at all.

Last edited:

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
We will see how it goes. In 10-12 days the female will pass the larvae to the male, he will then carry them for 7-10 days before releasing them. First time parents are not always successful, keep your fingers crossed

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
UPDATE: Day 11
Last night the female was trying to get the males attention so she could pass the larvae... But when the lights went out she was still unsuccessful. This afternoon I fed and noticed the female was eating and didn't look so puffy. Looks like sometime today she passed the little guys to dad to carry for the next week or so!!!

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
IMG_0926.JPG
Update, day 17:
Pulled dad to the nursery tank where he released all 13 fry :D
They are all at varying stages of development, so we will see if they all survive. Here is a crummy cell phone pic.

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Came home from work a couple days ago and discovered they had been at it again! Mom is holding another mouth full of eggs! :D

Dharma

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Nope, just the common BNP... They serve a purpose with my Tanganyikans and can handle the harsh conditions.