Rift Lake Tankmate Recommendations

Thread starter #41

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
I am not trying to breed them. Will adding a female spread out the aggression, or will it cause them to become more aggressive? I want to add fish that will spread out the aggression. I will likely be moving them to a larger tank soon.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Having 4 males, especially africans in one tank is asking for trouble unless you have a huge tank and a ton of room for each to create his own territory.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
To really accomplish that you would need several, and they all need to be the same species because thats what is wrong, cichlids are basically only that way with their own species. They want their own territory, and your current tank is not providing that.

Aquatic Endeavors

German blue ram
Fish guru
Ratings
Even at that you will still need to set it up with 3 distinct territories. Like one at each end of the tank and one in the midde, with plenty of landscaping between each territory to keep them from seeing each other all the time.

Thread starter #50

CarpCharacin

Philosophical Aquarist
Administrator
Fish mentor
Ratings
If I put in females once I have a larger tank, how many do you think I should add?

I actually found a 75 gallon tank for $35 that needs resealing and I might be picking it up on saturday.

I plan to use PVC pipe as caves for the male haps.

Last edited: