Trip to Canada

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CarpCharacin, Dec 10, 2017.

1. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Rainbow cichlid Administrator Fish mentor

I'm going to be going on a road trip up to Yellowknife Canada hopefully in a few weeks, mainly to see the northern lights. We were originally planning to go in November, but we had to get passports and stuff. Hopefully I will be able to get some nice photos of the northern lights.

2. mbkemp

mbkemp Neon tetra Member

Take polypropylene underwear that far north. Might look into attic footwear also jic. This sounds like a fun trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. CarpCharacin

We haven't gone yet because it's been so cold, but we are still planning on going.

4. CarpCharacin

We are thinking about driving up to Banff or Jasper National Park instead of Yellowknife, because it's a considerably shorter drive, and you can still see the Aurora.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  5. CarpCharacin

I'm going to Yellowknife next month, I couldn't make it on a trip earlier, because it would have been too cold.

6. Anders247

Anders247 Bolivian ram Administrator Moderator Well-known Member

That'll be fun. I want to see both the Northern and Southern lights someday.

7. CarpCharacin

Here is a good website that I found that has a forecast for the aurora, and it says where it will be visible. The aurora takes place on an 11 year cycle, the last peak was a few years ago, and when it peaked, you could see the northern lights from Utah. Unfortunately I didn't see them, but my mom did.